Thursday 9 April 2015

I won’t leave PDP, says Mark

The Senate President, David Mark, on Wednesday, said he was not contemplating joining the All Progressives Congress. Mark also reaffirmed his loyalty to the Peoples Democratic Party. He stated this at a special church service to mark his 67th birthday at St. Mulumba Catholic Chaplaincy, Apo in Abuja.

He said, “I have no reason to jump ship. I will not leave the PDP. I will be the last man standing for the PDP. The party gave me the platform to be where I am today.
“I will stay in the PDP to contribute my quota to the rebuilding and restructuring of the party.”
He noted that it was normal that in a democracy, winners must emerge while the losers go back to the drawing board and rejuvenate.
Mark said, “The outcome of the presidential election in favour of the APC is the will of God and wish of the majority of Nigerians. We, in the PDP have accepted the result in good faith.
“Those drifting to the APC now are fair-weather friends of the PDP. They are seeking new green areas. When the PDP bounces back, they will return to the PDP.
“I believe in the PDP manifesto. I will work hard to bring the party back on track. What is important is that we have established democracy in Nigeria.”
The Leader of the Senate, Senator Ndoma-Egba, eulogised Mark for the wisdom with which he had been piloting the affairs of the National Assembly.
He said that Mark’s continued contributions to the socio-economic and political development of the country could not be undermined.
Also in attendance at the occasion were Senator Tunde Ogbeha; Clerk to the National Assembly, Alhaji Salisu Maikasuwa, and other members of both chambers of the federal parliament.
In his homily, the parish priest of St. Mulumba Catholic Chaplaincy, Rev. Fr. Innocent Jooji, said that only God could determine the destiny of all human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment