Thursday 25 July 2013

Train Crash: Spanish PM Declares 3-Days National Mourning

At least 78 people have been killed in the passenger train derailment in north-western Spain on Wednesday.
 
 
In respect to the train crash which occurred in Santiago de Compostela, Spain, The Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has declared a 3-day National mourning for the victims of the Galicia train crash. PM Mariano Rajoy said: “Today is a very difficult day. Today we have lived through a terrible, dramatic accident, which I fear will stay with us for a long time. For someone from Santiago, like myself, believe me, this is the saddest Day of Saint James of my life.” Mr Rajoy, who was born in Santiago de Compostela, has been visiting the scene of the accident. “I want to express my affection and solidarity with the victims of the terrible train accident in Santiago,” Mr Rajoy said earlier. The black box of the train is now with the judge in charge of the investigation. It is one of Spain’s worst ever train crashes


Read full story here!

No comments:

Post a Comment