Saturday, 27 July 2013

Russia: Torture, Humiliation For Gay Teenagers (Warning: Violent Content, 18+)

A neo-Nazi Russian group has taken to social media to publicise images and videos of gay teenagers lured in on the promise of a date, before torturing them and forcing them to come out to friends and family on video.
Gay victims aged 12-16 are reportedly lured in by the group Occupy-Pedofilyay, led by Maxim Martsinkevich, known under the nickname “Cleaver”. Videos are then circulated of the victims being made to come out as gay, with a view to parents, schools, or friends finding out about their se*uality.
An uncensored image of one of the victims holding a s*x toy, covered in red paint, and being held down, appeared on the Spectrum Human Rights Alliance blog. The accompanying report also included a video of the torture of one victim who was sprayed with urine in public, however YouTube has now removed the video. A report from May notes that 19-year-old Alex Bulygin, a victim of the ‘fighters with paedophiles’ branch of the group, committed suicide after having his se*uality revealed online. It also quotes one member as having said: “If I had my way – I would kill them, but the state does not allow that.” The group was established with the intention of revealing the identities of paedophiles, but after turning to adult gay men, it has now begun targeting young teenagers. No police action has been taken against the incidents, despite numerous victims, and that over 500 similar groups have been formed across Russia using the VK social networking site. The upper house of the Russian Parliament voted last month to approve both a bill banning adoption of Russian children by foreign same-s*x couples and the nationwide anti-”propaganda” bill banning the promotion of “non-traditional” relationships to minors. The bills, which have since been signed by President Vladimir Putin, ban foreign same-s*x couples and unmarried individuals in countries where same-s*x marriage is legal from adopting Russian children. Last week, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg urged Russia to protect the rights of LGBT citizens following concerns about gay athletes and spectators attending the 2014 Winter Olympics.

ASUU Strike May End Next Thursday

The meeting between the Federal Government and the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, may have yielded results, as there are now indications the on-going strike might be called off next Thursday. Governor of Benue State, Mr Gabriel Suswam who dropped this hint Friday said ASUU and the Federal Government had reached agreements on all the contentious issues that led to the industrial action except two. Suswam who was appointed as Chairman of the Needs Assessment Implementation Committee of the Federal Government said after next Thursday’s deliberations between his Committee and the various agencies of government funding tertiary education, all the contentious issues would likely be resolved. Suswam told journalists in Abuja after attending a meeting between the Federal Government’s delegation and ASUU that agreements had been reached by both parties on all issues save two. “We reached agreements on all issues except two. These two issues are those of earned allowances of lecturers and intervention for the federal universities. These are the only issues that are still outstanding.” The Benue Governor further said he believed that by next week after his Committee would have arrived at an agreement on all the issues, ASUU would call off the strike. “The SGF would meet with the leadership of ASUU on the issue of earned allowances by next Monday. “Then my committee which is dealing with the issue of the needs assessment of the universities would meet again next Thursday and take another look at all the infrastructural deficits which the federal universities are facing. “If you go to our universities, you would agree that they are facing infrastructural deficits and that is why my committee would meet with all the funding agencies next Thursday for the purpose of prioritizing all the projects that need to be executed. We are going to invite all the agencies that are involved in the funding of the universities including the Central Bank of Nigeria.” Suswam said agreement has been reached on retirement age for university lecturers, which has now been increased from 65 to 70 years; the constitution of the governing councils of the universities which has already been done by the Government; the setting up of a pension administrator and the issue of persuading companies operating in the country to set up research centers in the universities. “As far as I am concerned, if the issues concerning intervention and earned allowances are resolved next week, then the strike could be called off,” he said. Present at the meeting were Secretary to the Government of the Federation Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Minister of Labour, Hon. Emeka Wogu, Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayatu Rufai and President of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Dr Nasir Fagge, among others.

SHOCKING: Headless Cock Walking Along The Streets (PHOTO)

The people of Kware area of Ongata Rongai in Kajiado, Kenya were in shock when they saw a headless cock in their environment.
The headless cock  was like a shock of their life when the resident saw it . “I spotted the white polythene paper in the morning but I did not open it because I thought it was waste dumped along the road,” Rachel said. “At first we were afraid to check but we opted to do so when another neighbour dared to open and find out what it was,” she said. Many residents ran for dear life when a cock without a head emerged from the polythene paper and walked freely along the road. Another dead and rotten cock which was black in colour was left in the polythene paper.
 

Yobe Governor Unhappy Over Minister’s Participation In Al-Mustapha Rally

Minister of State for Finance, Dr. Yerima Ngama, has incurred the wrath of his state governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Gaidam for actively participating in the rally for the recently released Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, who visited his ancestral home of Nguru, Yobe State last week. Governor Gaidam reportedly showed his disapproval of the Minister’s action on Tuesday as he refused to grant him audience when he came to hand over 222 trailer loads of grains and N150 million; being the Federal Government’s assistance to Yobe as one of the three states affected by the declaration of State of Emergency. The governor was reportedly at the Government House, Damaturu, when the Minister visited but declined receiving him due to his displeasure over the rally in which Dr. Ngama was said to have driven in the same car with Al-Mustapha despite the emergecy rule in the state. Meanwhile, the federal government’s gesture has reportedly led to controversy as the state deputy governor, Engr Danlami Ali, who played host to Dr. Ngama has frowned at claims by the Minister that he “personally sourced N200 million from individuals and organizations to transport the grains to Damaturu.” This claim by the Minister was said to have “baffled” the deputy governor, who hinted that the federal government’s business must be some sort of “mixed grill” if individuals could “donate to transport a federal government assistance” or that it should be “shared by NGOs” as stated by the Minister.

S’South Youths Resolve To Visit, Apologize To Four Northern Govs Over Rivers Incident

As a sign of remorse and disapproval of the protest by some groups of persons against the visit of four northern governors to Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State recently, youths from the South-South geo-political zone of the country have resolved to apologize and pay visits to governors Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Kano), Sule Lamido (Jigawa) and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa) in their respective states. The four northern governors, about a fortnight ago, were in Port Harcourt to pay a solidarity visit to their Rivers State counterpart and chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Mr Amaechi, when protesters believed to be members of the Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI), a group funded by Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, pelted their convoy with stones and other objects as they made to leave the VIP Lounge of the airport for Government House. Disclosing this to newsmen in Port Harcourt yesterday, leader of the South-South Youth Democratic Vanguard (SSYDV), Alafaa Princewill, described the attack on the four governors, who are all members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), not only as an embarrassment but one which could lead to ethno-religious crisis if care is not taken. “We met to deliberate on the issue of the embarrassment given to the northern governors because it is not in our character to embarrass strangers that have come to visit one of our own, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the executive governor of Rivers State”, Princewill said.

28 Soldiers Arrested On Streets Of Lagos By Military Police, Released

The Military Police on Thursday said it arrested 28 soldiers on the streets of Lagos. Maj. Oyegoke Badamosi, spokesman for the 9 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Ikeja Cantonment, who made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, said the soldiers were arrested by the military police attached to “Operation Checkmate”, to curb misconduct and unauthorized movement of personnel in the city. He added that the operation was also aimed at checkmating abandonment of duty post by some soldiers. He, however, said those arrested had been released after confirmation from their offices that they were personnel on genuine assignment. Badamosi said that the operation would be a daily routine and would be extended to other parts of the state to enable the military authority to continue to enforce armed forces rules on erring personnel. (NAN)

Wike-Sponsored Group Accuses Amaechi Of Spending Rivers Funds On National Politics

A socio-political group in Rivers State, Grassroot Development Initiative (GDI), reportedly bankrolled by Minister of State for Education, Barrister Nyesom Wike, has accused Governor Rotimi Amaechi of being wasteful with the resources of the state. Addressing a press conference in Port Harcourt, the state capital, secretary of the group, Wonosike Samuel, picked holes in Mr. Amaechi’s recent speech on “Reform and Resource Governance in Nigeria”, at Chatham House London, saying it was full of his usual rhetoric on the achievements of his administration in the state. GDI implored Governor Amaechi to accept the fact that his first tenure in office was successful largely to the contributions of Mr. Wike, who was Chief of Staff then in Government House. “It is unfortunate that Amaechi is still talking about his achievements in the first four years of his administration where it is obvious that Chief Nyesom Wike was the Chief of Staff who helped him in achieving all those successes he had when he was in office,” Wonosike claimed. “Remember that it was Nyesom Wike that guided Amaechi. He (Amaechi) has not done anything in this tenure. He is spending our money on national politics”. The group also urged the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, to effect the immediate arrest of rights lawyer, Ken Atswuete over the statements credited to him on the death of the First Lady’s foster mother, Madam Charity Oba. Information Nigeria recalls that Mr. Atswuete, a rights lawyer based in Port Harcourt, had blamed President Goodluck Jonathan’s failure in governance, which he said is evident on the poor state of the East/West road, for the death of Mrs. Oba. But reacting to the statement, Bright Amaewhule, President-General of GDI, said Atswuete should be interrogated and punished accordingly.