The chairman of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, Dr.
Sam Amadi, has assured Nigerians that the challenges faced by Power
Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, will soon be a thing of the past, as
his commission had given licenses to companies that understand the major
challenge facing Nigeria in the sector to generate power.
Sunday, 25 August 2013
I’ll Respond To All The Allegations After Consultation, Says Pastor Biodun Of COZA
It was more of a disappointing Sunday service especially for those
who had thronged the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) in Abuja to
listen to the senior pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo, ‘confess his sins’ to
members of his congregation. To genuine worshippers,
Bowen University Appoints Prof Ojo As New VC
Professor Matthew Akintunde Ojo has been appointed as the new Vice
Chancellor of Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, by the university’s
Senate. Ojo has a Bachelor of Arts degree and a Master of Arts in English and
Religious Studies, and Religious Studies respectively, from the
University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile Ife, Osun State.
Nigerian Muslims Rally In Support Of Deposed Egyptian President
Thousands of Muslims rallied peacefully in northern Nigeria on
Saturday to demand the return of Egypt’s Islamist former president
Mohamed Morsi, ousted by the military early last month. Around 4,000 demonstrators carrying banners and placards chanted
pro-Morsi songs and slogans outside a mosque in northern Nigeria’s
biggest city, Kano, an AFP reporter witnessed.
Mayhem In 2015: Arrest Junaid Mohammed Now, Youth Group Urges IGP
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, has been called
upon to arrest and investigate the National Coordinator of Northern
Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid
Mohammed, over his remarks that there will be mayhem if the 2015 polls
are rigged in favour of incumbent President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
Forget About 2015 And Support Jonathan, Ex-militants Tell Northern Leaders
Ex-militants in the Niger Delta has urged Northern political leaders
to bury their 2015 presidential polls ambition and support President
Goodluck Jonathan to fulfill his developmental blueprint for Nigeria. The ex militants under the aegis of Third Phase Amnesty Camps
Committee (TPACC) declared that the Northern leaders for now have no
business eyeing Aso Rock. “They should wait until 2019 after Jonathan
had completed his second term.” Speaking, Friday, in Yenagoa at the end of their meeting, chairman of
the group, Preye John aka, Gbikigbiki said President Jonathan had done
creditably well in spite of the security challenges caused by the Boko
Haram insurgency and as such deserved a second tenure. “The northern leaders should bury their face in shame for the
country’s woes having ruled for more than 35 years,” he said and urged
those spoiling for war to put Nigeria above their personal interest. “The South has over the years supported the North and this is the
time for the North to support the South,” he said adding that
ex-militants would soon embark on a peaceful rally in Abuja to rally
support for Jonathan in his 2015 presidential bid. They group called on the Nigerian voting public to be wary of those
they term “expired leaders” who are masquerading as progressives. He dismissed the All Progressives Congress, APC, saying that “the party is no threat to Jonathan or the PDP.”
First International Commercial Flight Lands In Enugu Airport
The historic flight was made by the Ethiopian Airlines which will now be the first international carrier to operate from Enugu. The
Enugu State Government has assured that adequate preparations have been
made to ensure that the event described as a significant milestone in
the economic life of the State and the entire South East, was
successfully conducted. Governor
Sullivan Chime and his colleagues from the other states in the region
as well as many important dignitaries from within and outside the
country, will be on hand to receive the historic flight. As expected, an
atmosphere of excitement and jubilation now pervades Enugu and other
States in the South East region as residents eagerly await the arrival
of the aircraft. An
Enugu-based billionaire businessman, Prince Engr. Arthur Eze, had on
Tuesday flown into the Enugu airport in a private jet direct from
Senegal, creating history as the first international flight that touched
down at the upgraded airport. President
Goodluck Jonathan gave approval for the upgrading of the Akanu Ibiam
Airport to an international status two years ago and laid the foundation
for the construction of the international wing early this year. The
project is now on course while other existing structures within the
airport including the old terminal complex had been renovated. The runway was expanded and extended to accommodate bigger passenger and cargo aircrafts that would patronize the airport.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)





