Friday, 9 August 2013

Don Pass Don: Don Jazzy Visits Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola

We all heard of the unfortunate demise of Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola’s father last week, and how he was buried according to Islamic right last week.
Ace producer and Mavin Boss, Don Jazzy, made out time to visit the Governor in his Alausa home to pay condolence.
Fashola was in a joyous mood as he welcomed the legendary producer with smiles despite his loss.

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News! CIVILIAN JTF Arrest Boko Haram Chief Bomb Maker, Bula Modu.

**He just came back from Lagos where he is now working, carrying his travelling bag of new clothes, shoes and caps for Eid-el fitr Sallah celebration.
**It is Allah that brought him back to Maiduguri at this hot moment when things changed against the Boko Haram.


The members of the Borno Vigilance Youths Group, aka, Civilian JTF, have captured Mallam Bula Modu a member of the Islamic terror group, Boko Haram who specialises in coupling and planting of bombs.

Bula Modu was handed over to the Joint Task Force, JTF after he was apprehended the youths.
Hope For Nigeria was informed that Bula Modu ran away to Lagos, as the heat from the Military JTF on Boko Haram members was extremely too much for their leaders to stay around the North East.

The youths that captured Bula Modu told Hope For Nigeria that his last operation was the explosion he planted at the popular One Way, along the Monday Market in Maiduguri which killed some people and destroyed properties.

“He was just back from Lagos where he is now working, carrying his travelling bag which contained some new clothes, shoes and caps for Eid-el fitr Sallah celebration when we caught him."
Bula Modu admitted that he came back home to celebrate Sallah.
“It is Allah that brought Bula Modu back to Maiduguri at this hot moment when things changed against the Boko Haram sect,” a trader Babagana Umara recalled.

C. Ronaldo Hits Back: I Do My Talking On The Pitch

The Portuguese striker, who scored two goals in Real Madrid’s 3-1 victory over Chelsea, says he has refused to let former boss Jose Mourinho’s comments affect his game
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has stressed that events taking place off the pitch do not affect him as he prefers to let his football do the talking for him.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho’s jibe earlier this week that the Portugal star is not ‘the real Ronaldo’ led to controversy ahead of Wednesday’s International Champions Cup final between both sides, but the 28-year-old has remained unperturbed by his former boss’ taunts.
Ronaldo already stated on Monday that Mourinho’s comments did not deserve a reply and remained calm again on Wednesday after helping Madrid to a 3-1 win over Chelsea with two goals.
“I do my talking on the pitch. Things that happen off of it do not affect me,” the Portugal international told reporters.
“I just aim to help Real Madrid to achieve its objectives and what happens away from there does not hurt me.”
Ronaldo then went on to discuss Madrid’s Champions League ambitions this season and stressed that they still have plenty to do before they can think about an historic 10th European crown.
He added: “There is a long way to go, we will try to do our best. We have a good team and the new players are very good and hopefully the Decima will come this year.”

Christians And Muslims Must Live Together – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday assured that those predicting that Nigeria will ‘separate’ would be let down because the things that unite Nigerians are greater than those that divide them.
Mr. Jonathan made this known while receiving Vice President Namadi Sambo, who led the Muslim community in Abuja to pay him the annual Sallah homage, faulted the United States report that predicted that Nigeria will break up on or before 2015.
Hailing the Muslim ummah for successfully observing the Ramadan fast which he described as ‘tempting period’, the President urged them to continue to pray for peace in Nigeria and all over the world.
President Jonathan, who observed that fasting wasn’t an easy task, revealed that he participated in the 30 days fasting every year in solidarity with Muslims in the country.
According to him, “For us, we cannot imagine a Nigeria without Muslims and Christians; you can call it another name, but not Nigeria. So it is a blessing that this is one country that you have significant population of Muslims and Christians and this religious diversity will enhance our development because we can get across the whole world, wherever we go we are accepted. That helps us in so many ways.
“We are not even exploiting our diversity because of the myopic views about situations. Christians and Muslims are brothers and sisters and we must live together, those who are predicting that this country will separate based on our frontlines as at the time of amalgamation, by 2015 they will know that these predictions will not be true.
“Today is a unique day, and I urge our Moslem brothers and sisters that they should continue to pray for peace not just in Nigeria but all over the world. If you watch television these days, more than 60 percent of the time is spent on showing crises all over the world and for the world to move ahead and for Nigeria to move ahead. For us to develop, first and foremost, there must be peace and security. Nobody will come and invest in an environment where you are not sure of the safety of your workers and investment.”

It Would Be Double Jeopardy If PDP Fields Jonathan In 2015, Says APC

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday taunted the Presidency for not reading sarcasm into the statement by its national chairman – Chief Bisi Akande – that President Goodluck Jonathan is welcome to join the newly formed party, saying any party that fields the President as its candidate would be committing what it termed ‘political suicide.’
Akande had on Tuesday after the inauguration of APC’s interim national leadership said, “We (the APC) don’t even close our door to the PDP. If Jonathan is tired of the crises in the PDP, he is welcome in the APC.”
The above statement was viewed by the Presidency as a welcome development because it portrayed President Jonathan as the best man for the job.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati said, “I think it (the APC’s invitation) is a compliment. What Chief Akande has said in essence is that President Jonathan is the best man for the job.”
But in a telephone interview with the PUNCH, APC’s Interim National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed faulted the Presidency for not reading the statement credited to Akande before reacting.
According to him, the invitation was not a compliment but an indictment on the President and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), for not knowing how to run a crisis-free party.
Mohammed said, “When we say the man (Jonathan) should come and join us, we mean that he should come and see how to run a crisis- free party.
“But unfortunately, his handlers like himself, are unable to read between the lines.
“Fielding President Jonathan will be disastrous and it would amount to political suicide. The PDP itself also knows that it would be a double jeopardy if it fields the President in 2015.
“This is because having lost the moral ground to face the electorate in 2015, the performance of the President since the past years is even appalling.”

Sen. Enang Drums Up Support For Jonathan’s 2015 Re-Election Bid

The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Sen. Ita Enang, on Wednesday said President Goodluck Jonathan is constitutionally qualified to seek re-election in 2015.
Enang, (PDP-Akwa-Ibom, North East), made the remark in Abuja when he met with the Akwa Ibom State students in the Nigeria Law School (Abuja Campus).
According to him, Nigerians should continue to support Jonathan if he decides to go for re-election in 2015.
“Without being biased, God has ordained Goodluck Jonathan to be the President of the country at this time.
“Therefore, we need to give him all the support he desires and deserves until he seeks another term.
“I am praying that if Jonathan seeks a second term, we should all rise up and support him because it is his right to seek a second term.
“It is provided for in the constitution and when he seeks, we will encourage the party (PDP) to support him, he will win and then he will go ahead to win the national election,” he said.
Enang urged the law students to look beyond the traditional aspects of legal practice and venture into new areas such as legislative procedures and legislative drafting.
He urged them to keep themselves abreast of the level of performance of the various arms of government.
“Legal practice has gone beyond issues of land and contract.
“There are new frontiers such as legislative procedure and legislative drafting on the preparation of bills and motions in the legislature.
“Take special interest in the affairs of this country and don’t concentrate on the existing areas of practice.
“Explore new areas which will make you versatile and relevant,” Enang added.
The leader of the delegation, Mr Alphonsus Okon, commended Enang for sustaining the annual assistance and encouragement to aspiring lawyers of Akwa Ibom extraction.
Okon urged the other politicians to emulate Enang’s passion for service to the people judging by his performance in the National Assembly.
“We urge other Akwa Ibom lawmakers and politicians to emulate your (Enang’s) capacity to share with and serve the people from the depth of your heart.
“We are not happy that others have decided to cage the wealth of the nation in their private safes without any care for the people they are representing,” he said. (NAN).

Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Move Nigeria Forward – Northern Leaders

Former Federal Capital Territory Minister, Mohammed Abba Gana on Monday incurred the wrath of the northern leaders when he advocated that giving President Goodluck Jonathan another four years would not hurt the North in any way.
The Secretary General of the Northern Elders’ Forum, Prof Ango Abdullahi and second Republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, dismissed Abba-Gana’s suggestion for a second term for Jonathan as ill-conceived, pointing out that the President did not deserve it.
The two northern leaders said Jonathan had failed to tackle the myriad of challenges confronting the nation, thereby showing that he lacked the capacity to move Nigeria forward.
According to them, another four years for Jonathan would push the country into the abyss and Nigerians cannot afford to take such a risk.
The leaders pointed out that Abba Gana was not qualified to speak for the north, going by his antecedents.
Abba-Gana, who was flanked by a lawmaker from Taraba State, had argued that giving Jonathan a second term would enable the North to use the period to groom a successor to the President.
However, Junaid Mohammed and Ango Abdullahi dismissed Abba-Gana as a politician who had always fraternised with the wrong political group for his personal interest and asked him to speak for himself and leave the North alone.
In separate interviews with Vanguard, Abdullahi and Mohammed insisted that Abba-Gana did not have the pedigree to serve as an advocate for the north and should not be taken seriously by Nigerians.
“Even in Borno where Abba-Gana hails from; he has never been part of the mainstream political arrangement and for that reason, he lacks the locus standi to speak for Borno and the North,” Abdullahi reasoned.
“Abba-Gana is more of a businessman than a people-oriented leader from the north. Having failed to advance any reason why the north should wait for another four years to enable Jonathan to run again, he should hide his face in shame.
“His advocacy is an insult to the north and a product of compromise,” the former ABU Vice Chancellor said.
Adding his voice to the debate, Mohammed described the former minister as someone who lacks clout and challenged him to show one thing that he has achieved in his state of origin to qualify him to speak for the entire northern Nigeria.
Mohammed said, “Abba-Gana was one of the errand boys when we were in active politics and should not be taken seriously because he has no political clout even in Borno State.
“If the former minister insists he should speak for the north, he should be kind enough to demonstrate his political relevance in Borno, his home state or shut up forever. He does not really merit any response from right-thinking northerners,” Mohammed said.
But while cautioning the northern elite on their utterances, Abba-Gana said if the North had produced between eight and nine heads of state and presidents, with poverty as a proof and underdevelopment, then, four years of Jonathan would not kill them.
Abba Gana noted, “Some people in the North want Jonathan to come back and some don’t want him to return. But allowing Jonathan another four years will not take away anything from us. We’ve had between eight and nine heads of government. But what do we have to show for it? Poverty and underdevelopment!
“So, if their person did not bring development to them, another four years of Jonathan will not cause any havoc.
“The North needs the four years to plan, learn, relate better with other parts of the country, work harder, talk less and groom a leader that will unite the nation and tackle the challenges facing the country."