Thursday, 25 July 2013

Derrick Rose claims he's better than LeBron James

Derrick Rose says he's better than current MVP LeBron James

Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose believes he's still the best player in the NBA - better even than four-time MVP LeBron James.
Rose won the MVP award in 2011 - he became the youngest ever recipient at the age of 22 - but he's been plagued by injury since. He spent the whole of last season on the sidelines after tearing an ACL in his knee during the 2012 playoffs. But speaking to CNN, the Bulls guard believes he's still the top player in the NBA. When asked who's the best player in the league right now, the 24-year-old said: "Derrick Rose." Rose is expected to be fully fit for the start of the new season in October, and recently declared himself happy with how his pre-season preparations are going. Athletes - especially those at the top - are renowned for unshakeable self belief so perhaps it's not that much of a surprise to hear Rose claim he's better than James. But the Miami Heat superstar won his second NBA championship in June, along with another Finals MVP. He's widely regarded to be the best player in the world, and Rose did concede that the Heat star is the hardest player in the league to guard. "I would have to say LeBron," said Rose. "A 6-foot-8 guy that's 250 [pounds]. What do you think?"

 

“The Royal Baby Is The Antichrist”

The royal baby is the Antichrist, or so claims Mark Dice, a prolific writer who focuses on the Illuminati and the Antichrist from the Bible.
As previously reported by The Inquisitr, Kate Middleton’s royal baby was announced to the delight of both the British and Americans. But the royal baby hasn’t been popular with everyone. BBC presenter Simon McCoy bitterly related the announcement as “not that it’s news.” But Mark Dice is making a claim about the royal baby that would probably have most of the British population angry.
Mark Dice gain limited fame last Black Friday when he called American consumerists “brain dead, materialistic morons.” He’s more famous for going around asking people to sign a petition that says Obama supporters should have immunity for their President’s actions. Now Mark Dice is calling the royal baby an Antichrist. Mark Dice calls the royal baby a baby Baphomet, which is probably not one of Kate Middleton’s top baby name choices. Starting by calling the English “brain dead Brits,” following with “Moloch worshiping moronic Americans,” Mark Dice slices into the royal family of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Mark Dice claims the Windsor family secretly believes themselves the lost tribe of Dan from the Bible. The Windsors supposedly believe themselves the “true chosen people of God” over Jews, something Mark Dice compares to Nazi beliefs and their supposed ancestry with the lost city of Atlantis. When the royal baby becomes the King of England, Mark Dice proposes the royal baby will be the Antichrist, or at least an Antichrist of the “new world order” or the “new British empire.” Mark Dice says people like the royal baby are worshiped because of their power, linking back to Egyptian history and how royal families used to claim they were descendants of the gods due to their royal blood.

UEFA Shows Ref Red Card

UEFA has sent home a referee from the U-19 European Championship after the Bosnia-Herzegovina Football Federation opened disciplinary proceedings against him. UEFA says it learned Wednesday of charges against Emir Aleckovic, and “therefore decided immediately to send the referee home.” Bosnian media reported that Aleckovic is accused of inappropriate behavior. UEFA says the case relates to “alleged wrongdoings in Bosnia-Herzegovina” and doesn’t involve the U-19 tournament being played in Lithuania. The Bosnian Federation said in a statement it suspended Aleckovic during its investigation. Aleckovic, who is 33, was promoted to FIFA’s list of international referees in 2010. He was among six referees at the UEFA tournament and worked a 0-0 draw between France and Georgia on Saturday. He refereed a World Cup qualifier last September, when Hungary won 5-0 in Andorra.

Tragic: Man stabs pregnant wife over failure to bear male child

The Ondo State Police division has apprehended a man for allegedly killing his pregnant wife.  The 48-year-old man allegedly attacked her over her for failure to bear him a male child. The deceased, 46, simply identified as Mama Feyi, was heavily pregnant when she was allegedly stabbed to death by the husband during an early morning dispute. Reports say the alleged murderer who hails from Abusoro area in Akure, Ondo State, has since been arrested and is presently being detained at the Ala divisional police station. Eye witness accounts say the suspect has been having a running battle with his deceased wife for over two years shortly after the woman gave birth to their fourth daughter. Sources say trouble began a month ago before the brutal murder when the husband complained aloud that his deceased wife is incapable of bearing him a male child and the incident led to a fierce altercation between the couple. Shocked neighbours expressed disbelief at the death of mama Feyi when one of their next door neighbour, Mr. Isijola, said he was awakened by loud arguments coming from their room very early in the morning. “I ignored them as it is a norm for them to always argue and have altercations,” a neighbour named Isijola, said.  “I decided to ignore them at first but when the noise was getting unbearable, I stepped into their room only to find the lifeless body of the woman on the floor, lying in the pool of her blood. I saw the man holding a knife and he threatened to stab me if I don’t leave.” “It was when I discovered that he may abscond that I alerted the police who immediately came to arrest him.” Naratting the incident, daughter of the deceased, Feyisara, said, “It all started on Sunday after my mummy had cooked rice. She asked me to go and collect money from my father to prepare stew and on getting to him, he started shouting. But he later gave me N500 which my mum refused to collect. They both argued and had a fight. I had to make a distress call to neighbours to settle the dispute”. According to the daughter of the deceased, “the quarrel started at about 6am when my mum asked him to give her some money for her ante-natal but he refused. They started fighting and before we knew it, daddy brought out a knife and stabbed mummy to death.”

Pastor killed during argument with neighbour

The police in Lagos have commenced investigations into the death of a 67-year-old cleric, Monday Ojajuni, who was allegedly killed by a woman, Temidayo Oladele, in front of his church in Mile 12.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased, who was the Superintendent Evangelist of Celestial Church of God, Mile 12, died during a confrontation with Oladele over the latter’s decision to scoop some sand in front of his church. The 19-year-old daughter of the deceased, Oluwaseun, said she witnessed the incident on July 19, 2013. She said, “The woman (Oladele) came to pack sand in front of the church and another cleric, Assistant Superintendent Evangelist Samuel Oteghene, told her not to pack the sand. When my father arrived at the scene, Oteghene went inside. “But the woman rebuffed all entreaties not to pack the sand, instead, she turned violent and tore my father’s robe. “My father then told her that she would run mad within seven days. When she heard this, she pushed my father and he fell, hitting hit his head on the ground and died. I reported the matter at Mile 12 Police Post. From there it was transferred to Ketu Police Station.” PUNCH Metro learnt that members of the church had earlier prayed for Monday with the hope that he would wake up, but to no avail. It was learnt it was after a medical doctor confirmed Monday’s death that it dawned on them that he was beyond redemption. Police sources said Ketu Police Division had arrested Oladele, while the case had also been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba. At the SCID, the suspect, who claimed to be 65 years, said she did not kill the cleric. She explained that he died during a struggle with her. She said, “Around 11.30am on Friday, I went with a shovel to the front of the church which is behind my house to pack some sand. I was challenged by members of the church. “The pastor (Monday) started struggling for the shovel with me. The shovel tore his clothes. He cursed me, saying that I would die within the next seven days. We struggled until he fell to the ground and I left. I did not injure him and I did not know that he was dead until later.” Our correspondent, who visited Monday’s family home on Omobanta Street, Mile 12, observed as sympathisers condole with the family. A banner, hanging in front of the house, displayed the picture of the deceased. The banner read, ‘Monday Elijah Ojajuni, 1947-2013, Rest in Peace’  The eldest son of the deceased, Moses, described his father as an easy-going man.  He said, “My father was fasting on that day, but he went to the church to conduct a programme. Who would have known that that was the last time we would see him?” He said his father was survived by 11 children and two wives, many of whom were still dependent on him. “My father was a retired civil servant. He worked at the Lagos State Ministry of Works for many years. He had four sons and seven daughters,” he said. He added that the suspect’s account of what happened on the day was not correct.  He said, “The woman had earlier come to pack sand from the front of our church prior to my father’s death and she had been warned not to come back. “After my father confronted her, he attempted to go back into the church, but she pulled him by the cape. Because it rained on that day, the sand was slippery, causing him to hit his head against the ground.” Our correspondent, who also visited the church, observed a condolence register in front of the church gate. The members, however, refused to talk to our correspondent, saying they had left everything to God. When contacted on the telephone, the Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Damasus Ozoani, confirmed Oladele’s arrest. He said the matter was being investigated at the Homicide Department of the SCID.

“Were You Born Out Of Homosexuality?” – Mugabe Asks Obama


President Mugabe has taken a swipe at United States President Barack Obama for trying to “arm twist” African countries into submission by reportedly tying aid to African countries to the decriminalisation of homosexuality. Mugabe criticised US president Barack Obama’s conditional aid and said western countries have targeted him for his stance on homosexuality. Addressing thousands of party supporters at a campaign rally in Mutare, President Mugabe reminded Obama that he was not born of out of homosexuality. “Then we have this American president, Obama, born of an African father, who is saying we will not give you aid if you don’t embrace homosexuality,” President Mugabe said. “We ask, was he born out of homosexuality? We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality.” President Mugabe, however is been criticized too for pointing a finger at others when prominent officials in his party, Zanu Pf are allegedly gay.

“Negotiations for Fabregas are ongoing” – Moyes

David Moyes has confirmed that the club are still trying to sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona. When the Manchester United manager was asked about the latest developments on their attempts to land the midfielder, he said: “It is ongoing”. United are prepared to send in their third offer for the former Arsenal skipper, amidst stories that Barca president Sandro Rosell, had written to them to warn them off the Spain international. Gerard Pique, who played at Old Trafford at some point in his career, also reiterated the La Liga side’s stance. “United are wasting their time. It took a long time for Cesc to get his dream move back home, and he won’t give it up,” he told the Sun. “This is home, it is where his family is, and he is playing with his closest friends. He has told us he is happy, and that he intends to stay with Barcelona.”