Wednesday, 24 July 2013

“Senators Are Fools aka Olodo, Mumu” – Tonto Dikeh




Different celebrities have been speaking up concerning the underage marriage signed by senators. Omotola has spoken , Stella Damascus has spoken, now its Tonto Dikeh calling the senators fools.


Check out what she had to say below.

 

ASUU Strike To End Soon As FG Reopens Negotiations




The Federal Government, yesterday, disclosed that it has entered into fresh negotiation with the Academic Staff Union of Universities, in a bid to end the strike action embarked on by the university lecturers. Disclosing this yesterday, when he briefed the Bamanga Tukur-led leadership of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Working Committee, NWC, on the activities of his ministry, Minister of Labour and Productivity, Emeka Wogu noted that the government had serious issues with the original agreement, which he described as complex. “We have made offer to ASUU. It is as complex as presented. Negotiation is ongoing. The National Assembly is equally involved. “We believe they will soon call off the strike. I personally and passionately appeal to them to call off the strike. “It will not affect the negotiation if they call off the strike. It is better for them to be inside than outside. Students have equally appealed to them,” Wogu said. The nine-point agreements ASUU signed with Federal Government were: funding requirements for revitalisation of Nigerian universities and Federal Government’s assistance to state universities, establishment of NUPEMCO and progressive increase in annual budgetary allocation to education to 26 percent between 2009 and 2020. They also agreed on payment of earned allowances, amendment of the pension/retirement age of academics on the professorial cadre from 65 to 70 years, reinstatement of prematurely dissolved governing councils and transfer of Federal Government landed property to universities. There was also an agreement on setting up of research development council and provision of research equipment to laboratories and classrooms in universities. The government team in the negotiation, according to the Federal Government, was being led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.

Singer Chris Brown pleads not guilty to hit-and-run charge


R&B singer Chris Brown pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to a hit-and-run charge in a case that could lead to jail time for the Grammy-winning performer, a Los Angeles Superior Court spokeswoman said. Brown had been on probation for assault, stemming from the 2009 beating of his then-girlfriend and fellow R&B star Rihanna, when he was involved in a Los Angeles traffic accident on May 21. He allegedly rear-ended another vehicle and fled the scene. Lesser charges of driving without a valid license and driving without proof of insurance were dismissed. Last week, a judge revoked Brown’s probation due to the traffic accident and will determine next month if the “Kiss Kiss” singer’s conduct violated the terms of his probation, which could lead to jail time. Brown, 24, was sentenced to five years probation, 180 days of community service and domestic violence counselling in connection with his much-publicized assault on Rihanna on the eve of the 2009 Grammy Awards. The singer is due in court on August 15 for his next hearing on the hit-and-run case.

Meet the woman who asked doctors to cut her spinal cord to fufill her desire of using a wheelchair




A Cambridge University educated research scientist is so desperate to live the life of a wheelchair-bound person she is prepared to pay a doctor help her become disabled. She wears leg braces and uses a wheelchair, even though her legs are healthy. Chloe spends most of her time in a wheelchair, but has to get out for various household tasks and walk down the steps to her car. Since childhood, Chloe Jennings-White has made several attempts at injuring herself so she can finally climb into her own wheelchair.In 2010 she even found a doctor overseas willing to help her become disabled by cutting her sciatic and femoral nerves, but she could not afford the £16,000 costs.
           ‘I might never be able to afford it, but I know, truly and deeply, I won’t regret it if I ever can,’ she said  Chloe, 58, from Salt Lake City, Utah, suffers from a rare condition called Body Integrity Identity Disorder, or BIID. Sufferers do not accept one of their own limb or limbs and seek to amputate them or become paraplegic Some experts believe it is caused by a neurological fault, in which the brain’s mapping system cannot see a certain body part.The Cambridge graduate believes both of her legs do not belong to her and dreams of being paralysed from the waist down. ‘Something in my brain tells me my legs are not supposed to work,’ she said. ‘Having any sensation in them just feels wrong.’ For years she bandaged herself secretly, but now lives openly with her condition despite facing intolerance, insults, and sometimes online threats. Chloe first realised she was different at the age of four, after visiting her Aunt Olive, who was using leg braces after a bike accident.  ‘I wanted them too,’ she said. ‘I wondered why I wasn’t born needing them and felt something was wrong with me because I didn’t have them.’  At the age of nine, Chloe even took action and pedalled her bike off a four-foot high acting stage on Hampstead Heath, north London, landing on her neck. ‘I only wanted to stop my legs working but could have broken my neck or died,’ she added.  From then on, Chloe lived out her fantasy in secret, pretending to be disabled when alone, playing risky sports and climbing trees in the hope of hurting her legs.  Now, as an adult, Chloe enjoys the excitement of downhill skiing and the possibility she might fall and suffer serious leg fractures.
           ‘I ski extremely fast, and aim for the most dangerous runs .’Doing any activity that brings a chance of me becoming paraplegic gives me a sense of relief from the anxiety caused by the BIID.’My friends and family can get a little worried about me skiing, as they know I ski very aggressively and they know that in the back of my mind I actually want to get paralysed.’ I can’t afford to convert my home for disabled access so I just use the chair as much as I can,’ she said. She fantasises about having a car crash without hurting anyone else just so she can damage her own legs.  ‘Any time when I’m driving I sort of conjure up accident scenarios in my mind where I will become paraplegic,’ she admitted.

Photo of the car crash that killed Patience Jonathan’s mum

Scene of the crash that claimed the life of the first lady mother yesterday, may the soul of all the victims rest in perfect peace.

Suarez: Liverpool reject Arsenal upped bid again

Suarez is now with the teammates in Australia and captain Steven Gerrard revealed Wednesday he has been working to convince Luis Suarez to remain at the club. Suarez, 26, has made clear he is keen to move to a team playing Champions League football, although he joined his teammates in Melbourne this week in what manager Brendan Rodgers called “great spirits”. The Gunners had already had a £30 million bid rejected and came back Tuesday with an extra £10 million and one pound, the BBC reported. Under the terms of Suarez’s deal, the club are duty bound to consider any offer for him in excess of £40m, but Liverpool appear determined to keep their star asset and again reportedly turned down the bid. Gerrard said he had been talking to Suarez since he arrived on Sunday from Montevideo and continued to remind him that there is “a lot of love” for him from the club, the players and the fans. “He is still a Liverpool player,” the club captain told The Australian newspaper as he prepared for Liverpool’s pre-season warm-up against Melbourne Victory Wednesday. With the firebrand Suarez having only just started training, it is not known how big a role he will play in the 95,000 sold-out friendly at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. But if he takes the field it will be the first time for Liverpool since biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic. Suarez was suspended for 10 games over the incident and will miss the start of the Premier League season as a result. Asked earlier this week whether he expected Suarez to remain at Liverpool, Rodgers said: “Yes, very much so.” The manager added he was relaxed about the Suarez speculation, saying “the bottom line is he is employed by the club”. “He’s an integral part of the squad. He’s arrived in great spirits,” he told Australian media on Monday, and that no offer had come close to his value. Asked what Suarez’s value was, Rodgers replied: “I didn’t say we would sell him. I said that every player has a value and a worth. Doesn’t mean you’ve got to sell them.”

2FACE AND BLACKFAZE BEFORE FAME